Fundica is committed to protecting the privacy and confidential information of its users. As such, this Policy may be changed from time to time in order to better meet user needs. The “Last modification” legend at the end of this Policy indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Sites and Services. You should periodically check the Site for updates to this Policy.
Collection of Personal & Non-Personal Information
Fundica collects the Personal Information ("Personal Information") that you provide to us when you use the Site and the Services. The Personal Information Fundica collects include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and demographics of your business' controlling shareholders (whether women, black, indigenous, other visible minorities, LGBTQ2+, youth, immigrants, people with disabilities, located in a rural area, low income, students or recent graduates, or veterans apply.). Fundica also collect other Personal Information about you where we have obtained your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide our services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide our services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Sites or Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
As is true of most websites, we also gather certain Personal Information automatically. This information includes, but is not limited to, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This information helps us to monitor, analyze, improve and maintain the Sites and Services, and to diagnose and fix technical issues.
Cookies: A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help us collect information and compile aggregate statistics about usage of the Sites and the Services, such as how many users visit the Sites and Services, how long users spend on the Sites and Services, and what pages are viewed most often. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience. We also gather statistical information about use of the Sites and Services in order to continually improve their content, design and functionality, understand how they are used, and assist us with resolving questions regarding them. We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
We use four, first-party cookies: GA (_gat, _gid, _ga) and PHPSESSID.
|What it's for
|Manages request rate sent to Google Analytics servers, preventing overload. Expires in 1 minute.
|Distinguishes users visiting the website and tracks activity during a single session. Expires in 24 hours.
|Distinguishes users visiting the website and tracks long-term activity. Expires in 2 years.
|Maintains user sessions on the website and provides a seamless browsing experience. Deleted when the browser is closed.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit the Sites or Services. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
Analytics: We use analytics, which employs cookies and similar technologies to collect and analyze information about use of the Sites and Services and report on activities and trends. Our use of analytics includes Google Analytics, which may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps, and online services. You can learn about Google's practices by going to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and exercise the opt-out provided by Google by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may use and disclose information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat such information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information, as detailed in this Policy. In some instances, we may combine such information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Use of Collected Information
We use the Personal Information we collect via the Sites and Services for the following purposes:
- providing funding research, identification of other funding sources, and support services either directly or through third parties;
- developing new products and services, and enhancing, repairing, and modifying our current offerings;
- promoting our Services as well as any affiliated or partner events or services;
- providing company information, funding opportunities, and industry updates via our newsletter or personalized notification updates (which you can unsubscribe from at any time);
- replying to your comments, questions and inquiries;
- when you elect to contact a funding source through the email client in our Sites;
- analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services;
- aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information;
- preventing fraud and monitoring security;
- meeting certain legal requirements; and
- for other business purposes, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
You may withdraw your consent from our use of your Personal Information by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Information section.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers and Consultants. Fundica may transfer Personal Information to its service providers or third-party consultants that perform services on our behalf. These service providers and third parties will be subject to their own data protection requirements providing the same or greater level of security provided by Fundica. Some of these service providers, consultants or affiliates may be located outside of your country, including in the United States and in other foreign countries, and your Personal Information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of your country for the purposes described in this Policy and be subject to legal requirements in Canada, the United States and other foreign countries applicable to our agents, service providers and consultants, for example lawful requirements to disclose Personal Information to government authorities in those countries. You may obtain information on our policies with respect to the use of foreign service providers or consultants by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Information section.
- Business Transactions. Personal Information may be used by Fundica and disclosed to parties in relation to a proposed or actual financing, reorganization, securitization, insuring, sale, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of Fundica or our business or assets may use and disclose your Personal Information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements. Fundica may disclose your Personal Information: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, and for other legal or regulatory reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others.
Fundica will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other third party without your written consent.
By using the Sites and Services, you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Third Party Websites
The Sites and Services may contain links or references to third party websites. Fundica content related to the Site or the Services, including but not limited to Fundica search engines and widgets, may also be made directly available on third-party websites. Please be aware that these third-party websites are not governed by this Policy and that your Personal Information may not be protected on such third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies applicable to every website you visit. We are not responsible for the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating a website or service to which the Sites or Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Site or Services does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or service.
Use of the Sites and Services by Minors
The Site and Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
Security and Retention
We take proactive and reasonable steps to ensure the protection of the personal and confidential information in our custody and control appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including, but not limited to:
- User passwords and data are protected using the latest encryption technologies to guard against unauthorized access to our systems;
- AWS secure data centers to help protect data in our care;
- Multiple zones and layers on firewalls to protect our internal and external networks;
- Third party service providers are thoroughly vetted for their security practices.
These safeguards may include measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. We limit access to Personal Information to our employees and service providers who require access in connection with their role or function. Each of our employees is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all Personal Information to which they have access. We keep our employees informed about our policies and procedures for protecting Personal Information. Despite these measures, since no system or security measure is completely secure, it is possible that Personal Information may be lost, stolen or accessed without authorization.
Fundica will retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. The specific retention period for Personal Information will vary depending on the nature of the data and the context in which it was collected. When Personal Information is no longer required, we will securely delete or anonymize it in accordance with our data retention policy and applicable laws.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Sites or Services or otherwise to us.
Access and Correction
You may have the right to obtain access to Personal Information we maintain about you by contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Information section. Similarly, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, to the extent provided by applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by writing to us using the information provided in the Contact Information section. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and/or may ask you to provide other details before granting you access to the information. We will store your Personal Information until you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
Under various privacy regulations, users may have additional rights concerning their Personal Information. These rights may include:
- The right to erasure: Users may request the deletion of their Personal Information under certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected, or the user withdraws their consent.
- The right to data portability: Users may request a copy of their Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit this data to another data controller without hindrance from Fundica.
- The right to object to processing: Users may object to the processing of their Personal Information for specific purposes, such as direct marketing or when processing is based on legitimate interests.
Phone: 1-855-FUNDICA [386-3422]
Mailing address: Privacy Officer, 1117 Sainte-Catherine O., Suite 610, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1H9
Last modification: September 22, 2023